FAR 45.21 - General
(a) Except as provided in §45.22, no person may operate a U.S.-registered aircraft unless that aircraft displays nationality and registration marks in accordance with the requirements of this section and §§45.23 through 45.33.
(b) Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, no person may place on any aircraft a design, mark, or symbol that modifies or confuses the nationality and registration marks.
(c) Aircraft nationality and registration marks must—
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (d) of this section, be painted on the aircraft or affixed by any other means insuring a similar degree of permanence;
(2) Have no ornamentation;
(3) Contrast in color with the background; and
(4) Be legible.
(d) The aircraft nationality and registration marks may be affixed to an aircraft with readily removable material if—
(1) It is intended for immediate delivery to a foreign purchaser;
(2) It is bearing a temporary registration number; or
(3) It is marked temporarily to meet the requirements of §45.22(c)(1) or §45.29(h) of this part, or both.
[Doc. No. 8093, Amdt. 45–5, 33 FR 450, Jan 12, 1968, as amended by Amdt. 45–17, 52 FR 34102, Sept. 9, 1987]
Back to the FAR 45 Index Page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.