FAA Aircraft Certification
The FAA aircraft certification process is not rocket science... but there are certain steps you must follow and key information you should know to avoid the problems that can occur.
This website explains what you need to know about the aircraft certification process and provides information on aircraft registration, inspections, record keeping requirements and a lot more.
Aircraft owners, aircraft maintenance professionals, and the general public will find the information on this website quite useful.
Explore this site by using the navigation buttons on the left side of the page or the links below. I am sure you will find information that will be useful to you.
You can also use the "Search this Site" button to help you find the information you are looking for.
Subscribe to my FAA Aircraft Certification Blog. By subscribing to the RSS feed located on the left column of this page, you can be kept up-to-date when new pages or other special postings are added to the site, without having to check the site every week to see "what's new."
- FAA AIRCRAFT CERTIFICATION BLOG
- The FAA Aircraft Certification Blog is a special page featuring short messages about new additions and updates to this website.
- Aviation Safety Bureau - ASB Members Area
- This is a link to Aviation Safety Bureau's members area, where you can access online reference documents and other useful airworthiness information.
- Aviation Safety Bureau
- This is a link to Aviation Safety Bureau's website
- Aviation Safety Bureau Bookstore
- This is a link to our Aviation Safety Bureau Bookstore where you will find a large selection of ebooks and videos related to aircraft airworthiness
- Aircraft Certification Procedures
- Here you will find a list of the different types of FAA aircraft certification with information on how to obtain each one.
- Aircraft Registration
- Aircraft registration in United States is a prerequisite to FAA aircraft certification. Here you will find information to help you register an aircraft.
- Aircraft Inspections
- Aircraft inspections must be performed prior to FAA certification. Here you will find general information related to the aircraft inspection items required.
- Aircraft Records
- Aircraft records are the most important resource used to determine an aircraft's airworthiness. Here you will find information related to aircraft record keeping.
- FAA DAR and FAA DER
- Information about FAA DAR's and FAA DER's
- FAA Regulations
- Here you will find FAA regulations related to aircraft certification.
- FAA Advisory Circulars
- Here you will find FAA advisory circulars that are related to the aircraft certification process
- FAA Definitions
- Here you will find FAA definitions for a variety of terms used by the FAA
- FAA Acronyms
- Here you will find FAA acronyms most commonly used by the FAA
- FAA Forms and Other Related Documents
- Here you will find FAA Forms and other documents related to the certification process.
- Useful Aviation Links
- Here you will find useful aviation links that aviation professionals refer to regularly
- Aircraft Certification Search
- Use the Aircraft Certification Search to find the information you are looking for.
- Don Schoolcraft - FAA DAR
- This web site was developed by an FAA DAR. Click here to meet him.
- Comments or Suggestions?
- Contact us if you have any comments or suggestions on how we can improve this site.