U.S. Aircraft Certified
by the CAAC in China

by Roger
(St. Marys, GA)

What are the procedures for getting a U.S. aircraft previously type certified by FAA certified by CAAC in China? I am aware that a bilateral airworthiness agreement exists between the U.S. and China.

ANSWER: I would contact the CAAC directly for that information:

Director, Airworthiness Certification Division
Aircraft Airworthiness Certification Department
Civil Aviation Administration of China
#155 Dongsi Street West
Beijing 100710 P.R. China
Fax: (8610) 64033087
Phone: (8610) 64092331

If you would like to read the bilateral agreement between the U.S. and China, you can find that information by clicking on the "Reference Links" button on the left of this page and then click on the Bilateral Aviation Safety Agreements link.

Return to Aircraft Certification Questions.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.