Re-registering an Experimental Aircraft

How do I re-register a de-registered experimental aircraft?

ANSWER: The process would be the same as the original registration. You would need to obtain proof of ownership in the form of a bill of sale, then follow the procedures in the aircraft registration section of this website.

In addition to the registration you need to make sure you have all the records that document the original airworthiness certification of the aircraft. Including all the build records (if amateur built).

Return to Aircraft Registration Questions.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.