FAA Fly-Wire

Given that an aircraft to be eligible for registration in the United States cannot be registered in another country, I have the following question:

At the time a corporation contacts the FAA Registry to request temporary authority (fly-wire) to operate an aircraft from a foreign country into the USA, does the corporation at the same time have to provide a copy of the foreign civil aviation authority de-registration notice?

ANSWER: Yes, before the Proof of Registration (Fly-wire) can be issued, the FAA must have the deregistration notice from the foreign authority. This notice must have been sent from the foreign authority directly to the FAA Aircraft Registry in Oklahoma City via fax or telex message.

Return to Aircraft Registration Questions.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.