Export Certificate of Airworthiness

by Davidson Mourillon

How do I obtain an Export Airworthiness Certificate if the aircraft purchased has already left the United States of America?

ANSWER: If the aircraft has already left the U.S., a DAR can still inspect the aircraft and records and if the requirements are met he can issue an Export C of A in the foreign country.

Certification activities are performed in foreign countries on a regular basis. In fact most all of my certifications are performed in foreign countries.

You might want to contact a DAR who is based in or near the country the aircraft is located in. This could save you some money in travel expenses.

Click on the following link to download the DAR directory:

FAA DAR Directory

Return to Aircraft Certification Questions.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.