Application to Register an Aircraft Owned by a California Corporation

by Thomas Theis
(Upland, California, USA)

Is a copy of the Articles of Incorporation a required document in order to sell an aircraft along with the application form and the bill of sale?

ANSWER: The FAA Registry in Oklahoma city will want to see the application form and proof of ownership (bill of sale) from the new owner. If the new owner is a corporation, then yes proof of the corporation is required.

If a corporation wants to sell an aircraft, I can find nothing that requires you to show the FAA in Oklahoma City proof of the corporation to sell the aircraft.

They would already have these documents on file from the previous registration.

Return to Aircraft Registration Questions.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.