Aircraft Registration

by N Hanley
(Waterford Ireland)

We want to register a Cessna 172RG that was previously on the German register. How do we go about that?

ANSWER: First the FAA must have a record of the aircraft being de-registered from Germany. The German authorities must communicate to the FAA in a letter or fax that the aircraft has been deregistered.

Once the FAA has this information, you can make application for U.S. registration. You will be required to show proof of ownership (bill of sale) with your application.

You can find ownership requirements and procedures for registering aircraft on this website.

Return to Aircraft Registration Questions.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.