FAR 21.335 - Responsibilities of Exporters
Unless otherwise agreed to by the importing country or jurisdiction, each exporter must—
(a) Forward to the importing country or jurisdiction all documents specified by that country or jurisdiction;
(b) Preserve and package products and articles as necessary to protect them against corrosion and damage during transit or storage and state the duration of effectiveness of such preservation and packaging;
(c) Remove or cause to be removed any temporary installation incorporated on an aircraft for the purpose of export delivery and restore the aircraft to the approved configuration upon completion of the delivery flight;
(d) Secure all proper foreign entry clearances from all the countries or jurisdictions involved when conducting sales demonstrations or delivery flights; and
(e) When title to an aircraft passes or has passed to a foreign purchaser—
(1) Request cancellation of the U.S. registration and airworthiness certificates from the FAA, giving the date of transfer of title, and the name and address of the foreign owner;
(2) Return the Registration and Airworthiness Certificates to the FAA; and
(3) Provide a statement to the FAA certifying that the U.S. identification and registration numbers have been removed from the aircraft in compliance with §45.33.
[Amendment April 14, 2010]
Back to FAR Part 21 Main Page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.